Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Ping Pong and the Ohio Primaries

Hello! Me again!
First of all, I want to welcome a new member to our family in the very tiny and totally enchanting form of a 3-month old kitten! He is a very light "marmalade" with a bright pink nose, pink pads, and a very determined yet affectionate personality already. His name is Ping Pong, and he is now installed in my oldest son's (Peter's) home in Athens. We had to make a couple of forays out into the Athens County countryside this past weekend before the deal was clinched and little Ping Pong was handed over and transported to his new home. It wasn't long before he had explored the entire downstairs of my son's home, and then found the stairs to the upper realms! Both my son and his new charge are doing very well!

And now for something completely different--getting myself to the polling booth this morning for the 2006 Ohio Primary election. Given all the press "Ohio" created in the 2004 Presidential Election, (something like "Florida" in the infamous Presidential Election of 2000), there's naturally some concern about the political climate of this state--the voting machines, the corruption in high places, and some very real economic concerns. I hope I was able to do my little bit towards finding some new blood in the leadership here, and a return of the reality (not just the word) of integrity! We will go a long way towards that goal if we can defeat the incumbent Secretary of State, J. Kenneth Blackwell, who is running for Governor. (As if it hasn't been disgraceful enough with Bob Taft's dubious dealings for lo these past few years.)

I'm not much of a political activist, but it's my feeling that if people don't at least vote, they "get the gods they deserve" as Plato once put it.

To be continued...
with thanks for all that leads us back to the heart.
~Sea Change

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home