Friday, June 01, 2007

Hello World!

It's been FAR too long since my last blog! It wasn't supposed to be like this--such long hiatuses (is there such a word?).-- hang on--I'll look up the plural of the word "hiatus", since I'm at the library! I was thinking it might be some fancy Latin plural, like "hiatiae", but no, it is hiatuses-- meaning breaks in time, space, or continuity. But I'm still here. The world is still here. Life goes on and life is good.

It's June in Ohio, and there are light showers out there. Everything is still very lush and green and spring-into-summer gorgeous--but we need the rain now! In the U.S. it's officially summer once Memorial Day Weekend has been properly celebrated with boating, picnics, cookouts and such. All the gods of sunshine, vacations, and time off must be propitiated.

It's been my plan for some long time now to post some pictures of Norway on this blog. This intention was there from the moment I returned from a beautiful time there last August--which I see now is nearly a year ago! I have the pictures, and when I've reviewed how to post pictures, you will have the delight of seeing one of the most beautiful countries in the world.

The lakes, fjords, mountains, rocks and meadows are sweeping and spectacular, but one of the most amazing impressions of Norway for me is how everything is so humanly proportioned. Stunning, yes, but not so intimidating as, say, the vast natural wonders of the U.S., or the huge urban skylines. I loved the human scale of things in Norway. You might not get a sense of this from the pictures, but you would if you were there.

So stay tuned for some lovely scenes!
Peace!
Sea Change

1 Comments:

At 02 June, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done, good to see you are back on the blog. Nice writing !
Best Regards,
Hira

 

Post a Comment

<< Home